Wednesday 25 September 2013

Together

When I saw this weeks topic, together  for Illustration Friday I immediately thought of this illustration that I did for Leola Kennedy's book There's a Reason . It is a lovely children's novel about a girl struggling with the limitations caused by her hearing impairment. Through various situations she comes to learn that she has value and that God has a plan for her life. This story takes place in northwestern Canada during WW2.
Leola asked me to do some little illustrations for her book. I found it to be a more difficult job than I anticipated but Leola was very patient and gave me a lot of encouragement.
Through working on this project I came to realize that illustrating children's books is something I would really like to pursue as a career.

No comments:

Post a Comment